Algonquin Land Claim InformationRecently Added
- Algonquin Land Claim enviro-report up for comment(PDF) - September 2017
In the spring of 2013, to offset a lack of information being provided to the public, the OFAH, CSIA and FOCA conducted public meetings in Perth, Stittsville, North Bay, Pembroke and Bancroft; key areas impacted upon by the land claim. However, there are a number of people who hunt and fish within the area of the claim or who may have cottages, hunt camps or land use permits who may be affected, but did not have a chance to hear the presentations and access the information available at the public meetings.
In an effort to bridge the knowledge gap, and to reach as many people as possible, the three organizations decided that a webcast was the best platform to reach as many people as possible.
Call to Action
- Read the Algonquin Land Claim Agreement-in-Principle
- Read OFAH policies on the Algonquin Land Claim, OFAH letters and CSIA letters, FOCA letter and Public Letters.
- Review the maps of the Algonquin Land Claim land transfers by county/district (City of Ottawa; Frontenac; Hastings; Lanark; Lennox & Addington; Nipissing; Pembroke; Renfrew)
- Determine what parcels proposed for transfer impact you
- Identify these parcels and how you use them on OFAH's survey.
- Call, write, email or vist your elected representatives(MP Contacts, MPP Contacts) to share your concerns
- Tell your friends, family, neighbours and anyone else who might be interested to visit www.algonquinlandclaim.ca.
HELP US MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD